These are the cut outs of the letters in first scan that I made. The first image shows just the letters, the second image shows what letters are missing with simple type (which I will not be using, I just wanted to show what was missing):



I’m not sure if I want to make ornate pattering around the edges, I think I’ll see how cluttered it looks when I get all the letters done. Because “midsummer” is a very long word and I need to fit it into a portrait composition, I cut the word into “mid-” and “summer” to fit the orientation better.

For the back cover, I’m thinking I’ll make a border out of found natural objects with the type in the centre. Though I am doing handmade, I feel like the typography will need to be digital because the type will be very small and it needs to be easily legible – but I’ll see how I go.