- Look into book “Dirty Design Era – Return to Handmade” and “Fingerprint”
- Don’t write like a conversation
- Put examples of my own illustration to help frame my context
- Issue: Hand drawn design. Context: Hand drawn is a form of story telling
- Could look at a single book and translate it into different visual styles, e.g. Ink, paper cut, graphite, etc.
- Think of a book which can best provide inspiration
- Who is the cover for? Age/Country/etc. What’s the most challenging?
- Respond to title and story line
- Look at type as image
- Symbolic/Typographic/Combination styles
- High level of professionalism in finish
- Michael Fitzjames and Quentin Blake – Black and white or colour illustration
All of this feedback serves as a critical incident moving forward, as I will need to really narrow down what my target audience is.