This week I went back to look at my ‘Ink Well’ and ‘B Line’ logos. I altered my genre icons for a website to be sub-genres relating to romance: ‘Historical’, ‘Mystery’, ‘Fantasy’ and ‘Drama’. The idea is that in a website format, the entire name of the sub-genre would appear when scrolled over with a mouse (Ideate stage). I also added colour to my logos using the same crimson red and gold colour scheme I used in the original design for its high-class connotations (Implement stage):

Image

This is what the icon looks like in the colour scheme (Implement stage):

Image

For ‘B Line’ I made a new triangle icon and altered the placement of the pictures in the station signs like this (Implement stage):

Image

As with ‘Ink Well’, I kept the colour scheme from the original design. This is what the final icon looks like now (Implement stage):

Image

With this design I realised that I had added a lot of unnecessary anchor points which needed to be cleaned up, which was significant in teaching me to clean my designs up better to avoid adding extra points that aren’t needed as it may be problematic for future clients trying to use the design (Learn stage).

Back to my current project, my bird idea was well-received so I decided to develop that further. I tried placing it on T-Shirts, business cards and a van to test it out; for example here is a very rough draft of a potential transport van (Prototype stage):

Image

I’m still very undecided with what type to use, but it was suggested that perhaps it should be partly hand-written so I may experiment with that.

Advertisements