With a couple of alterations, I finalised my design for ‘B Line’ (Implement stage) of which the black and white and coloured versions turned out like this:

Image

I then began to focus on ‘Ink Well’, and came up with a theme based off old novels where the first letter of each chapter is calligraphic and decorative. I made a prototype based off the theme (Prototype stage):

Image

I had an issue with figuring out how to unify the entire word as I was using two different fonts, ‘Pristina’ and ‘Times New Roman’. I tried over-lapping them slightly which unified the word better and taught me a way of dealing with mixed fonts (Learn stage), however I wasn’t sure it fit to the theme I was going for, so I decided to to some more research (Research stage) and found some examples such as these two:

Image

What I noticed was that the calligraphic letter was set lower than the rest of the word that it was part of, so in order to add this into the design I added the word ‘Publishing’ to fill the gap that would be left if I moved the words upwards (Ideate stage). I also changed ‘Times New Roman’ to ‘Georgia’, as I preferred the look of the ‘g’ in ‘publishing’ in the latter font and it has the same old-style feel to it.

From this I learnt how helpful looking at examples of my theme was to finalising my design, which is something I will be very mindful of in future projects when I am going for a particular look (Learn stage). My design works with many colour schemes but this is one of them (using red and gold as it reminds me of royalty, which is associated with good quality) along with the black and white version (Implement stage):

Image

Advertisements